Sunday, August 8, 2010

WOW all! It has been almost a whole week since the last post! I have been traveling the northeast in search of knowledge and fun! I spent 2+ days in NYC at the Allergan conference for Lap Band Instruction and then 2 days in VT with the ponies.

The Lap Band conference was mighty interesting. It was definitely geared more for the surgeons, but I certainly picked up some good info for teaching patients about food/eating etc. I also gained much insight into how the band actually works (for some reason, where the band is placed causes signals to be sent to the brain which tell it that the body is not hungry. As soon the band is loosened, the patient is ravenously hungry again!) as well as getting to see a live surgery! All good info to take back to the hospital with me - now I just need to have some more band patients come through so that I can test out all this new stuff on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment