Saturday, June 8, 2013

Spring Strawberries!

They're here! I went out to the garden today after the rain cleared up to see how the lettuce faired, and to my surprise about 8 new asparagus staulks had shot up through the dirt during the rain and were ready to pick, and as I gazed just beyong them, I noticed the greenery was speckled with red dots.The strawberries were ready! The first harvest of the year! We currently have wild strawberries growing in our garden, they have basically taken over the back part of it, sprawling beyond the bed barriers, and they have tiny berries but they are so sweet, like little bursts of juicy goodness - similar to what I think an all natural, organic gusher candy would be like (if it were actually possible to make such a thing)! I was thinking as I picked them - these would be perfect bari-strawberries because of their mini size! Hope you all have begun to enjoy the first sign of summer - strawberries!

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment