Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reading Material

People often ask what books I like in regards to nutrition or food. Here is a short list of some good ones. Some of them I actually find quite funny, but perhaps that is because I have a dry sense of humor or I find the cynicism in them to be quite remarkable!

My favorite:
Marion Nestle: What to Eat - An aisle by aisle guide to savvy food choices/good eating and where your food ACTUALLY comes from








Michael Pollan books: While I find him to be quite a pompous individual he does spend a remarkable amount of time and effort researching material for his books so you have to give him credit for that. Be sure to have an old fashion dictionary on hand as he uses many words you need might need a PhD to decipher.
Omnivore's Dilemma
In Defense of Food
Food Rules
The Botany of Desire
Cooked

Mireille Guiliano: French Women Don't Get Fat - a cultural look at food, cooking, human consumption and the role food plays in our lives from the eyes of a French exchange student to the USA





No comments:

Post a Comment