Monday, January 23, 2017

Simple Suppers

Home late and don't want to cook? No problem! Just remember that food is for refueling. You don't have to put hours into making some extravagant. At 8pm this was what I came up with in just such an instance. There is protein (cheese), and produce (cucumber and cranberry/pear compote). It was light in my stomach and kept me from feeling hungry when I went to bed or the other terrible feeling, overfull and uncomfortable! Food doesn't have to have to look like 'a meal', it just has to be tasty and provide you with nutrients.

Cucumber slices
Cheese slices (brie, dubliner, cheddar, gouda are all tastey options - I used brie here)
Compote (cranberry, apricot, orange) or spread (hummus, guacamole, refried beans, baba ganoush [eggplant])

Assemble and ENJOY!!! Easy-peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment