Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thoughts from a Chocolate Shoppe


On a trip to San Diego recently, my brother took me to the Hotel del Coronado, known by many of it super-rich patons and the Coronado Island locals as 'the Del'. It is a fabulously beautiful place, built in the 1800s, the detail on the outside of the wood-shingled buildings is an architectural lover's dream. They have upscale poolside bars, great restaurants and many high end shops for guests to poruse. One in particular was a candy store called Spreckles, and while I wanted to eat every house-made chocolate or flavor of fudge they served, I was much amused by the 'Chocolate Lovers' trinkets. I took pictures of all of them and hopefully, you too will smile and see the truth in their jesting sayings.



No comments:

Post a Comment