Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stoner Food



On my first excursion ever to an island so close to the coastline of my beantown home front, I discovered a fabulously enticing treat at a local farmers' market. The treat? Stoner Food. A delectable, crave-worthy treat made of - our you ready for this? - a pretzel rod dipped in caramel, then dipped in dark chocolate, then sprinkled with crushed heath bar and a few granules of sea salt. Whoa nelle! You can find this treat on Martha's Vineyard from the local maker, New Moon Magick Enchanted Chocolates, at 4 Chapman Ave in Oak Bluffs or you can go to the website and order all their treats online! New Moon makes all their chocolates from high-high (no pun intended) quality 70% cacao. Hooray! Home-made treats made from high quality ingredients in small batches so that everything is fresh and fabulous. If it was a requirement that to eat Stoner food you had to be a pot head, I can't lie - I just might take up smoking - it was that fanfreakintastic!


I might just attempt to make it myself :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you like the Stoner Food! The topping is actually our Almond Butter Crunch crumbled , which is yes, like Heath Bar, a toffee. Next time you're on the island, please stop in and introduce yourself. Love your blog, thanks for the post! Kathleen Cowley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! I do now properly remember it was butter crunch topping :) Damn good if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete