Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Slaw with a Southwest Twist

A couple of weeks ago I put up a recipe for a slaw that was vinegar based with cabbage and peas and cucumbers. Here is another one with a southwestern twist that came across my desk from the Produce for Better Health group (I modified it for the WLS patients) but I thought I would share it with yall! YEHA!

1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dry leaf oregano
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 to 1 medium jalapeno seeded and chopped
4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup thin strips of red bell pepper
1 cup cooked yellow corn

 1. Chop everything up and mix it all together. Let it sit for about 1 hour to let the flavors combine and to start to soften the cabbage.

 ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment