Saturday, October 2, 2010

O is for October apple picking!

So apple picking season has come sooner then later this year and I am so excited to be going tomorrow with the girls to enjoy an afternoon in the Bolton (MA) orchard plucking delicious fresh fruit from the tree. I am pretty excited. We are going to get a gallon of fresh cider at the orchard and have a picnic lunch (and obviously some apple donuts) before we head out into the fields to get the goods for some fabulous pie making in the afternoon.

As I embark on only my second apple picking adventure ever (ahh yes, I am aware of my age and that I have lived in New England my whole life and how terrible this statisic is), I am excited to scavange for a couple apples of EVERY kind they grow and then try to remember when I get home which ones are which! haha! I imagine what the perfect apple looks like. This is a memory of my first apple picking experience. It was the first apple I pulled off the tree and it was perfect with a perfect leaf too! Looked like something right out the of Bible perhaps :) I am sure I won't be so lucky the second time around, but I will keep you all posted on how the picking and pie making turns out, and maybe supply you with the fabulous pie recipe that Ms. Spam-a-lot is bringing!

No comments:

Post a Comment