Monday, September 27, 2010

So I got a photo from the previous dinner outting. This is the Coq Au Vin from the Foundry. My camera loves to add the orange hue to things so I must appologize for that.

I did make it back to the Yard House again last week. Tis the season of the Oktoberfest and Pumkin Ale beers but alas in honor of my father Big Lar, I tried the Wachusett Larry IPA. I actually thought it better then the Racer IPA - I might have a new favorite - even though it was not the same level of bitterness as Big Lar himself (sorry Dad, I love you!).

Tonight, I'm getting myself ready for a cooking demo at my bariatric support group tomorrow night. I am making hommus and Ahka Di Josh (the lentil recipe on this site from many moons ago). Cooking 3 pounds of lentils at one time without a pot larger then 1 gallon is a challenge (but I did not let it boil over!!) Hopefully all goes well during the demos. I haven't dont group cooking in a while, but I am going all out - cheffy hat and coat and everything! I believe my knife is sharp so there is a good chance I won't cut my finger off. The group should be fun though! :) I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment